Introduction to Advance Adhesion Minimally Invasive Dentistry
About this event
Select 1 of the 2 Dates:
March 24th and May 12th, 2023
All Courses: 9am —12pm PST (12 Noon—3PM EST )
FEE: $349 CE UNITS: 3 CEU provided by Kuraray Noritake
(Cancellation Accepted Up to 1 week prior to the workshop, 2 weeks prior for Canada)
Course Kits can only be shipped to USA and Canada for this course (International participants may attend but will need to supply their own materials)
TARGET AUDIENCE: Dentist, RDAEF Assistant
In the last 25 years there have been major advancements in materials science & clinical techniques. This hands-on workshop will provide an introduction to the clinical techniques that have become known as Immediate Dentin Sealing, Resin Coating and Margin Elevation. These techniques, with extensively researched materials, are the foundation of advanced adhesion dentistry and virtually solve all clinical issues with adhesive restorations (post-op sensitivity, pre-mature failures, secondary leakage & caries).
• What is immediate dentin sealing (IDS) and resin coating? Separating facts from opinion.
• Why you should do IDS for every restoration to ensure long-term pupal success
• Step-by-Step protocols for maximizing dentin bond strengths
• Step-by-Step protocols for the treatment & bonding of all glass-based ceramics & zirconia restorations for long-term success.
Immediate Dentin Sealing & Resin Coating
The foundation of Advanced Adhesion Dentistry is IMMEDIATE DENTIN SEALING & RESIN COATING. This very simple but extremely eﬀective technique will be presented, demonstrated & practiced. When combined with “Gold Standard” adhesives there is a dramatic increase in dentin bond strengths & sealing. The decades of research supporting theses techniques will be summarized to provide you with a solid foundation to implement them in your practice and elevate patient care. You will learn how to make dentin bonds stronger, more predictable and long-lasting.
Deep Margin Elevation
Deep margin elevation provides a conservative approach to restoring deep margins and allowing for a healthy tissue response. Proper isolation technique with choices of matrix systems will be presented, demonstrated and practiced. The published articles on this technique will be briefly reviewed as well.
Latest Adhesion Technology for Treating & Bonding Glass-Based & Zirconia Restorations
The course will provide & use the latest materials & technologies for the proper treatment & bonding of lithium disilicate & zirconia restorations. Learn how a new cleaner can be used intraorally as well as extraorally on all restorations. A new adhesion technology will be introduced that enables the bonding of glass-based ceramics as well metal and zirconia based materials. These techniques and materials will simplify & improve your clinical procedures.
Not included in the Course Kit
(Attendees will need to provide)-
- composite rings, wedges and ring placement forceps
- explorers , sickle scalers, mirrors
- teflon tape(white plumber’s tape)
- composite light curing unit
- cotton swabs, air water syringe with tips
- etchants (Phosphoric Acid and HFL hydrofluoric Acid 5 %)
- gloves and protective eyeware or loupes